Thursday, March 31, 2011

Interview: Richard Dreyfuss Talks Constitution

Anyone that was in the bloggers lounge at CPAC in February you likely noticed a visitor that seemed oddly out of place. �No I?m not talking about the ?Rent is too High? guy. �I?m talking about the voice we heard narrating Stand by Me, Richard Dreyfuss.

The reason he seemed out of place is obvious: Mr. Dreyfuss is a liberal. He’s never been one to shy away from politics and would probably disagree with just about every post on this site right now.

I recently had the opportunity to interview Mr. Dreyfuss for my show, Renewing America on FTR Radio, and to be honest, I was expecting fireworks, arguing & yelling. �I was pleasantly surprised.

If you?ve ever read my posts here or listened to my show, then you’re likely aware that I am not exactly the type who likes to�compromise on many things. �I’m also generally unconcerned with whether people I debate serious issues with care for my “tone.” �I think that most here at RedState can probably say the same of themselves.

But just as it’s silly and arbitrary to compromise for the sake of compromise - and just as I know the argument is more important than the tone in which it is delivered - I agree it’s equally foolish equally foolish to be unwilling to attempt to have a rational conversation with someone you find disagreement with.

Mr. Dreyfuss seemed to feel the same way and what followed was a fantastic conversation that was rational, calm, enlightening & educational.

Before I start endorsing it, I would like to find out more about his organization ?The Dreyfuss Initiative? (which purports a desire to bring constitutional principles back into the education system) but I will say this: My conversation with Mr. Dreyfuss, a man with whom I strongly disagree on a number of topics, was more capable of having a rational discussion of politics than some on the right that I?ve found myself in a debate with.

Take a moment and judge for yourself.

Download audio here

Source: http://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2011/03/30/interview-richard-dreyfuss-talks-constitution/

house race debt commision media matter

No comments:

Post a Comment