Sunday, March 20, 2011

Conflicting Responses

Author: 
Michael Potemra

Speaking of Sixties culture: In a taxi going uptown this afternoon, I noticed that there were Japanese flags bedecking the area near Grand Central Station. Why is that, I wondered for a split-second, until two answers simultaneously flashed into my brain: 1) It’s an act of solidarity with the brave Japanese people in their time of crisis and 2) They’re making a movie version of The Man in the High Castle. (Another split-second was enough to make me realize it was the former – and I certainly applaud the gesture. I also commend to readers who haven’t read it yet Conrad Black’s eloquent tribute to the character of the Japanese people as evidenced in their time of trial.)

Source: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/262552/conflicting-responses-michael-potemra

nancy pelosi barack obama senate

No comments:

Post a Comment