Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trump Hints at Presidential Run

Donald Trump strongly hinted at a presidential run today.

“In my own mind, I think I’ve made the decision,” Trump said on Fox News this morning. “What Obama is doing to this country is a total and complete disaster.”

He said he had no problem releasing his financial data, although he refused to answer whether his net worth was closer to $2.7 billion reported by Forbes or $7 billion reported by Politico.

“If I run, I may do it [file the financial disclosures] the same day I run,” Trump said. “I have built a great company. I have very little debt. I have tremendous cash. It’s the way this country should be run. … In terms of a report card, I’ve done a great job.”

Trump said he would be willing to spend “a lot” and “many millions” of his own money on a presidential run, but wouldn’t give a specific number.

Talking about the speculation that he was flirting with a presidential run to boost Celebrity Apprentice’s ratings, Trump said, “I hate that.”

Celebrity Apprentice gets great ratings,” Trump retorted. “I don’t need to do this for ratings.”

Trump, who will be visiting New Hampshire next week, stated that he had “always loved” New Hampshire and Iowa and had “a lot of friends in both places.”

He also continued his criticism of Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget plan, saying that Ryan had “put himself too far out in front.”

“I’m not for doing anything at all negative to senior citizens,” Trump said. “I want to make the country strong so that we don’t have to do the kind of cutting that a lot of people are talking about doing.”

“I don’t want to hurt senior citizens with Medicare or Medicaid. I don’t want to be involved in big cutting or any cutting at all in terms of those things. … The greatest way to solve the problems, the deficits, is to have the country roaring,” he added.

Trump also lashed out at Karl Rove, after a clip was aired of Rove dismissing Trump’s birther promotion as a “losing strategy.”

“I don’t have to listen to Karl Rove,” Trump said. “[Rove] gave us Obama because he gave Bush advice and look what happened. Abraham Lincoln couldn’t have beaten Obama or any other Democrat after what happened with Karl Rove. So he doesn’t have to give me advice.”

Source: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265381/trump-hints-presidential-run-katrina-trinko

barack obama senate house race

No comments:

Post a Comment